Arches National Park, I remember the first day I saw you. I couldn’t wrap my mind around the bright red arches, those giant sandstone formations, that view of the La Sal Mountain Range, the Windows District, or the sight of untouched; wind blown sand. To this day, the immense wonder remains.
- I recommend visiting in autumn or spring. Visiting in autumn or spring help avoid the heat and the large crowds.
- If visiting in summer, it can get to be over 100 degrees, so take lots of water and sun screen. During summer I also recommend venturing out super early in the morning, spending noon indoors and venturing back out in the evening.
- Grab an early breakfast at Jailhouse Cafe or a breakfast burrito from Gilibertos!
- I recommend sunrise at Turret Arch in the Windows District. It’s pure magic! Now, the only thing about this location at sunrise is, there are normally a good handful of landscape photographers around. So try to be mindful of them by not walking into all their shots.
- I recommend sunset at either Skyline Arch or Balanced Rock. Delicate Arch may be lovely too, but it’s quite the hike and there’s normally a huge crowd of people up there.
- My favorite album to listen to while driving around here is Conor Oberst’s Self Titled album. I mean, theres a song called, “Moab” on there. ❤
Below are photos taken by me, Shallise Kate: